The Research Group for Scientific Visualization in Materials, or Grupo de Visualizaçao Científica em Materiais (GVCM) in Portuguese, was founded in 2009 by Prof. Dr. Ricardo Mendes Leal Neto and Prof. Dr. Fernando Bardella within the Center for Materials Science and Technology (CCTM), and it’s part of the Nuclear Energy Research Institute (IPEN) / Brazilian National Nuclear Commission (CNEN) located at the University of São Paulo (USP).
GVCM research is focused in the areas of scientific visualization, software visualization, multiscale shape analysis, illustrative computer graphics, geometric modelling and vector graphics applied to fundamental and practical problems of Material Sciences.
Our group has a strong focus in STEM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and it aims at creating an open environment in which students, professors and researchers can collaborate.
GVCM’s mission is to disseminate scientific knowledge from research and development that allows better understanding of characteristics and properties of materials.
- Consolidate the groups as both technical and scientific reference towards our scientific communities.
- Provide our collaborators with a unique opportunity for individual and proportional growth.
Join the Group
- Dynamic group, composed of young researchers and professionals.
- Characterized by inter and multidisciplinarity.
- Innovative and challenging projects.
- IPEN is a world-renowned institution associated with the University of São Paulo (CAPES 6)